Maximise Savings via Process-Driven Industrial Energy Audit
[1 CDP for REEM claimable, updated 18 April 2022]
Energy efficiency for industry is vital for its own survival and the planet. A sustainable and efficient energy usage is beneficial for the development of people, businesses and the environment, which is why there is a growing demand for greater energy efficiency for various industries in Malaysia and abroad.
Energy efficiency means using the energy wisely to reduce waste and negative impact on the environment, while reducing operating overheads and increasing profit margin for a business. One of the most effective method to determine energy efficiency is via the method of energy auditing. This helps industries to come up with an effective and informed plan to become more energy efficient by implementing certain measures. A standard energy audit includes inspection, survey, and analysis of energy flows in a building. In this session, we are honoured to have Ms. Grace Ann from PETRONAS GTS and Prof. Zainuddin from OPTIMISE to share on their expertise and dealings in navigating the trending yet complex “energy efficiency” maze.
Key highlights addressed in this talk:
- Typical Process Blindspots
- Industrial Energy Audit Iceberg
- Prioritise In-Process Solutions
- Process-Specific Energy Targets
- Optimal Process-Utility Mapping
- Grace Ann Yap Su-Mei, Principal (Energy), PETRONAS Group Technical Solutions (GTS)
- Prof Ir Ts Dr Zainuddin Abdul Manan, Professor of Chemical and Energy Engineering, UTM and CEO, Optimal Systems Engineering
Video: Q&A Session of ENERGISE Talk Series 5 with Grace Ann (Speaker) and Professor Zainuddin (Speaker).