About COPE-BEST 2022
The Convention on Promotion on of Energy Sustainability Best Practices (COPE-BEST) is a conference to synergise best practices and open innovation on energy sustainability, energy efficiency and conservation (ESEEC) across quadruple helix stakeholders involving energy policymakers, end-users, higher education and research institutions, service providers within ASEAN and beyond.
Themed “Toward Net Zero Emissions”, COPE-BEST 2022 mobilises the energy sustainability community of practice within ASEAN to collectively address the grand challenges of climate change through best practices and innovations. COPE-BEST 2022 is organised in conjunction with the International Greentech & Eco Products Exhibition & Conference Malaysia (IGEM 2022), in collaboration with Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Malaysian Green Technology And Climate Change Corporation (MGTC), Malaysia University Sustainability Network (MySUN), Malaysia Energy Services Companies (MAESCO), ASEAN Centre for Energy (ACE) and Centre for IMT-GT (Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand) Sub-regional Co-operation (CIMT) and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ); with Optimal Systems Engineering Sdn Bhd (UTM spinoff-company as the main event organiser).
The COPE-BEST Event is expected to attract more than 1000 participants from ASEAN countries and beyond, out of which, 70% is expected to come from the industry sector, 10% from among policymakers and 20% from academia. COPE BEST is to be officiated by the Malaysian Minister of Energy and Natural Resources (KeTSA).
COPE-BEST aims to achieve four key objectives:
- To present and discuss the outlook, latest trends and developments on ESEEC among energy industries, universities and research institutions, service providers and policy makers in the context of ASEAN and beyond.
- To drive the adoption of innovations to improve ESEEC by showcasing best practices and innovation showcases may include winners of R&D invention awards, national & ASEAN Energy Awards, among others.
- To promote quadruple-helix ESEEC stakeholders collaboration among energy industries, universities, research institutions as well as policy makers to facilitate the co-operative development and adoption of local ESEEC technologies and innovations, in particular those geared toward the fourth industrial revolution (4IR).
- To create and drive an energy community of practice among national, regional and global network of universities, industries, research institutions and policy makers in energy sustainability.
10 Uniqueness of COPE-BEST 2022
- From thermal to electrical energy, industry, building, transportation, built environment EE, RE, EnMS, 4IR and funding support, COPE-BEST covers a comprehensive array of energy sustainability topics covering key energy sectors.
- Addresses the critical needs of funding at key stages, from R&D to realisation.
- Inclusively assembled quadruple helix stakeholders from SME to large corporations.
- Provides awareness on the critical enabling mechanisms such as market instruments, regulatory policies, ﬁnancial assistance.
- Places due emphasis on Energy Management Systems standards to drive systemic and sustainable organisational change.
- Synergises network of international co-operative agencies, professional energy associations, ASEAN energy communities that are expected to attract over 1000 participants from ASEAN countries and beyond.
- Engages universities/research institutions with good research track records and commercialisation experiences in the eﬀort to foster industry-university partnership.
- COPE-BEST includes energy sustainability video challenge to nurture young talents as future energy leaders and enculture sustainability in the younger generations.
- Endeavours to make the fully online event truly engaging by emphasizing on interactive discussions as opposed to a monologue presentations.
- Strives to bridge the innovation gap by promoting collaborative, open innovation as a way to democratise R&D across stakeholders.